Salem's Kids Ministry seeks to build foundations for life-long disciples who make disciples. We strive to come alongside families by providing biblical teaching to children at the church, while resourcing and equipping families to make disciples at the home.
Psalm 78:4 — "We will not hide them from their children, but tell to the coming generation the glorious deeds of the LORD, and His might, and the wonders that He has done."
Deuteronomy 6:4–7 — "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise."
- Subscribe to receive the Children's Ministry Newsletter
- Kids Seedbed! Are your kids asking faith questions or curious about baptism? Be sure to sign them up for Kid’s Seedbed membership class! We’ll meet in the Kid Zone (new Kids Worship room) on December 3 during the BFG hour, and discuss topics like salvation, baptism, the Lord’s Supper, and the Christian Life. Kids must have a parent with them. Register here!
- Kids Ministry Winter Retreat at Caraway! Join us January 13-15 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday weekend) as we head to Camp Caraway! Kids will participate in team-growing challenges, and learn more about Biblical Unity! Register here!
- Summer Camps! Save the date for our 2018 Summer Camps:
- CentriKid Camp: July 9-13 /// Lynchburg VA. More info coming soon!
- Deep Impact Kids: July 29 - August 1 /// Asheboro, NC. More info coming soon!
- Nursery: babies are cared for in a loving, safe environment with very low ratio which their parents are in Bible Fellowship Groups and Worship on Sunday mornings and Saturday evening.
- Mission Groups: GAs for girls, RAs for boys, Mission Friends for preschoolers. Wednesday evenings from 6:30 – 7:30 pm, September through May. Please join us at any time through the year. Download a registration form.
- AWANA: This international children’s program reaches boys and girls with the gospel of Jesus Christ and trains them to serve Him. Leaders, together with parents, help children grow in their faith, memorize Scriptures, and develop a strong foundational understanding of the Bible. AWANA is for children ages 3 through 6th grade, and meets Sundays from 5:00 – 6:30 pm, September through May. You may join us at any time through the year! For more information, please contact Pastor Wesley.
- Sports Ministries: We offer co-ed Soccer and Basketball leagues open to the community. Learn more.
- CentriKid Camp: Each year in July.
- Seasonal Children's Events: Easter Extravaganza, Fall Festival, Kids' Journey to Bethlehem, and more.
Back to Top
- 9:45 – 10:45 am: BFGs (Bible Fellowship Groups)
- 10:45 am – 12:00 noon: Wee Worship (Pre-K) and Children's Church (K – 5th grade)
- 4 – 5 pm: Children's Choir (Pre-K – 5th grade) September – May
- 5 – 6:30 pm: AWANA Clubs (Pre-K – 6th grade) September – May
- 6:30 – 7:30 pm: Mission Groups (Pre-K — 5th grade) September – May
Back to Top