Ways We Serve
Deacons also participate on the following ministry teams throughout the year:
Purpose: The Barnabas Ministry seeks to be an encouragement to the members of Salem Baptist Church and others through visitation and the sending of notes, cards and emails as representatives of the deacon body of Salem Baptist Church.
Duties: Send a note to every family in the congregation annually, along with special notes, such as to the homebound person of the week and other notes as we feel led and as requested by other deacons. This team will also assist with visiting members who are hospitalized and service of communion with members who are shut-ins. The team leader will assign requests to members as he receives them.
Purpose: To help church member families in financial need.
Duties: Upon receiving a request from either members directly, staff, deacons, etc., the deacons will prayerfully consider the need, discuss the options and then act on the need if appropriate and within the bounds of good stewardship. The primary areas of focus are with groceries, mortgage payments, utility bills and other various financial needs.
Purpose: Coordinate deacons to assist the Pastoral Staff with the administration of The Lord’s Supper. Also coordinates the administration of Homebound Communion to Salem members who cannot attend Sunday morning worship services.
Duties: Plan well in advance for The Lord’s Supper during months that have five Sundays.
Team member will:
- Recruit deacons to assist for administering the Supper for each service.
- Prepare the Support prior to each service.
- Purchase any necessary materials needed to administer the Supper.
- Assist other deacons identifying, preparing and administering the Supper to Homebound members.
Purpose: Assist with household repairs for Salem members or as an outreach to the community
Purpose: Assist with Journey to Bethlehem, Easter Cross, Christmas eve service and other seasonal events at Salem. Our entire deacon body is available to serve as needed.
Connect with Us
There are four ways to contact our deacons:
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call our church office at (919) 362-7327
- Leave us a message after hours at (919) 205-3968
- Speak directly to one of the active deacons (see photos above)