Salem is a fellowship of believers in Jesus Christ who have been baptized by immersion based on their profession of faith in Christ (This is often referred to as believer's baptism). Salem asks that those seeking membership, whether they have been baptized or are in need of baptism, to complete Seedbed, a New Members Course, which is offered frequently and at a variety of times and formats throughout the year. An age-appropriate version of Seedbed is also offered for children and youth coming into the fellowship. To locate a Seedbed course to fit your schedule, you may contact the church office at 919-362-7327 or scan the upcoming events page for the next class.
What would you give to change one life? What would you do to change your life?
We believe that an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ gives your life true purpose. in fact it is your purpose! You only get this one life, so don't blow it! You can find information about how to have that relationship with Jesus here below:
How can I become a Christian?
Jesus said “I am the way, and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. "We believe that! This is not about how religious you are, or how many good things you have done. It boils down to this: what relationship do you have with Jesus? Out of that relationship flows the changed L1FE you seek!
First, You need to know that God made you to know you and to love you forever, and for you to know and love Him!
- “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”(John 3:16)
Second, You need to acknowledge that every one of us is imperfect. We are not God. We fail, we do wrong, and we mess up. We sin. This aspect of our nature separates us from a perfect and holy God and breaks our fellowship with Him.
- For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23) and “For the wages of sin is death…”(Romans 6:23)
Third, Jesus became flesh and lived an earthly life just like you, yet he lived his life in sinless perfection. He was executed on a cross, a death that was planned by God before time. Jesus did this to offer himself as a sacrifice for our sins. He took our punishment on himself. His innocent blood covers our guilt in God’s eyes. So Jesus is, in fact, the only way to restore humanity’s fellowship with God.
- “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)
Finally, Salvation, or "becoming a Christian" is not just a matter of knowing this story… here is where your faith comes in. The scriptures say that you must confess your sin, and believe that Jesus actually is who he claimed to be and it is this belief of heart and humbling of mind that truly invites God to change our heart. At this point Jesus will take up the leading place in your life and, become your Lord.
- “If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.” (Romans 10:9-10)
So what now? According to the Scriptures, prayer is how we talk to God. If you desire to confess your faith in Jesus and seek him as your Lord, we suggest a simple little prayer of confession… something like:
"Dear God, I confess my sin. I believe that Jesus is the Son of God who died to give us eternal life. I accept Jesus into my life as my Lord and Savior. Help me now to live for you! Amen."
If you have just entered into a relationship with God, then congratulations and welcome to God’s family! There are no tests to pass, no gimmicks, and no fees to pay. However, it is also true that a new believer is a little like a new baby. They can’t really make it on their own. They must be nurtured, fed, and trained. How is a new Christian nurtured? Here are a few suggestions;
- Start reading God’s word. Look for the book of John in the New Testament of a Bible and just start reading. Ask God to help you understand as you read. If you need a Bible contact us and we are happy to send you one.
- Start a daily prayer routine. Talking with God is crucial and make sure to leave a little time for reflection and listening.
- Find a local fellowship of believers. Get connected to a church. The Bible says the church is the Body of Christ. It is how He works, and makes himself known in today’s world. Don’t try to make it on your own, its not only hard, its not God’s plan.
- Get baptized. Your church can help you with this. The Bible teaches us to get baptized as a way of identifying with Jesus and his followers and as a testimony to the world.
If we can help you with info, or follow through on your decision to trust Christ, let us hear from you!