Take a Journey
Journey to Bethlehem is a free, ticketed event for the whole family. In this live nativity journey, you’ll follow your trustworthy guide through the streets of Bethlehem, the shepherd’s pastures, and ultimately to the stable housing God’s greatest gift to us all. Come early to enjoy live music or even a movie while you wait. Concessions will also be available. We’ve got hot dogs, chips, cookies, and drinks. All proceeds will help support upcoming youth missions trips.
A New Way to Register
You can now register for Journey online! Walk-ins are on a first-come, first serve basis, and doors will close to walk-ins at 8:30 PM. So make sure you reserve your tickets online before they run out! Click here to get your tickets on our Eventbrite page.
2018 Tour Dates and Times
- Thursday, December 6: 6 PM – 8:30 PM; Doors open at 5:30 PM
- Friday, December 7: 6 PM – 8:30 PM; Doors open at 5:30 PM
- Saturday, December 8: 4:30 PM – 8:30 PM; Doors open at 4 PM
- Sunday, December 9: 4:30 PM – 8:30 PM; Doors open at 4 PM
How can I make a reservation?
Where do tours start?
- Tours begin at the Roman Census in the front of Building D.
How do I check in and register?
- After you register online, please either print your tickets or have them available on your mobile device.
- As you and your group arrive at the front of Building D—the main entrance at Salem—please present your tickets at the "census" (registration desk). If you are a walk-in, you will be assigned a tour group time based on current availability.
- Once you check in, you will move to a waiting area in the Multi-Purpose Room in Building D. Enjoy live music and even a movie while you wait. There will also be concessions available. We’ve got hot dogs, chips, cookies, and drinks. All proceeds will help support upcoming youth missions trips.
How many people are in each tour?
- Each tour consists of about 28 people.
How often do tours run and how long is each tour?
- Each tour starts about every 6 minutes and takes about 40 minutes to complete.
Can I bring my stroller or wheelchair?
- Unfortunately, strollers cannot be taken through due to space restrictions and use of stairs throughout the drama.
- If you need wheelchair access, we will certainly accommodate you—please let us know when you check in.
What happens if it is raining?
- The Christmas story is too important to miss. Journey to Bethlehem tours will take place rain or shine!
If you have any other questions about Journey to Bethlehem or Salem Baptist Church, please contact our Journey team at email@example.com, or at (919) 362-7327.