Our desire is for every member to be involved in an off-campus missions project, reaching people with the love of Christ and sharing the Gospel. There are plenty of opportunities available to get involved, whether locally, nationally, or internationally.
- Salem's Small Groups organize various community projects year-round.
- Local Mission Opportunities: Put on your Go Shoes and join us - Salem is active and serving Jesus every day in our local community! We have many opportunities throughout the year for adults, students, and families to serve through the various ministry areas of MissionApex (serving families and youth in local neighborhoods), teaching English as a second language and other local communities of culture with the love of Jesus, community schools, serving those experiencing homelessness in downtown Raleigh, and much more. Please contact the church office so we can get you plugged in!
- Serve within Salem through childcare, teaching, or other leadership positions.
- Epiphany Church in Brooklyn: Salem (in partnership with NAMB) is supporting Brandon Watts in reaching NYC with the Gospel at Epiphany Church through prayer, financial support, and sending mission teams. Want to join us on our next trip? Contact Pastor James for information.
- Domestic Mission Trips for Individuals and Families: Each summer, families and all ages are invited to go on a week-long mission trip in the US. These trips allow us to share the love of Christ with different communities as well as provide the opportunity for families to serve together.
- Student Ministry Mission Trips: Each summer High school students alternate between out-of-state and in-state week-long trips, and middle school students stay in-state. Students minister, share the love of Christ with the communities they enter, and provide on-location labor during national crises such as storm and flood damage. Check the Student Ministry's Upcoming Events to learn about upcoming trips.
- College Mission Trips: Every other summer, our College ministry takes a week-long mission trip in the US. Many of our college students also choose to serve on mission their entire summer break with various mission organizations.
- Adult International Mission Trips: We currently partner with several countries:
- Student International Mission Trips:
- High School: Junior and Senior classes take an international mission trip every 2 years. This life-changing experience provides a chance for students to see the world from a very different perspective. Past trips include Ecuador, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, and Costa Rica.
- College: College students travel internationally every 2 years serving on mission with God. Past trips have included ministering in Haiti and Thailand. Many of our college students spend their summers serving internationally as well as locally with organizations like Cru.
- Global Missionary Support
- Annie Armstrong Easter Offering: Each year, we honor the life and work of Annie Walker Armstrong (1850–1938) when we give to the annual offering for North American missions named after her. One hundred percent of gifts given directly support missionaries and their ministries. Look for information on our church offering goal each spring.
- Lottie Moon Christmas Offering: 100% of our support of the LMCO supports missionaries who share Jesus with millions worldwide, help start thousands of churches, work to rescue slaves, feed orphans, and care for the needy. Look for information on our church offering goal around Thanksgiving each year.
- Student Missionary Support
- Salem offers some financial support to high school and college students going on mission trips. This support is limited to current Salem members and regular attendees (some exceptions are made for college students who are away at school and regularly attending a church near their school). To request support, please read the Financial Support Guidelines (Word doc) and fill out the Financial Support Request Form (Word doc).