Our desire is for every member to be involved in an off-campus missions project, reaching people with the love of Christ and sharing the Gospel. There are plenty of opportunities available to get involved, whether locally, nationally, or internationally.
- Our small groups organize various community projects year-round.
- Stop Hunger Now project
- Serving Christmas Dinner and providing gifts to residents of local MissionApex communities.
- The Church Has Left The Building: Annual fall challenge to join with our small groups and plan a local outreach project to serve together in. Download our 2016 flyer (PDF) for ideas on how to get started!
- Learn ways to serve within Salem
- Provide transportation on Wednesday nights for kids to and from West Haven. Click here to learn more and sign up.
- Epiphany Church in Brooklyn: Salem (in partnership with NAMB) is supporting Brandon Watts in reaching NYC with the Gospel at Epiphany Church through prayer, financial support, and sending mission teams. Want to join us on our next trip? Contact Pastor James for information.
- Domestic Mission Trips for Individuals and Families: Each summer, families and all ages are invited to go on a week-long mission trip in the US. These trips allow us to share the love of Christ with different communities as well as provide the opportunity for families to serve together.
- Student Ministry Mission Trips: Each summer High school students alternate between out-of-state and in-state week-long trips, and middle school students stay in-state. Students minister, share the love of Christ with the communities they enter, and provide on-location labor during national crises such as storm and flood damage. Check the Student Ministry page to learn about upcoming trips.
- College Mission Trips: Every other summer, our College ministry takes a week-long mission trip in the US. Many of our college students also choose to serve on mission their entire summer break with various mission organizations.
- Send Conference: We are all called to live every day on mission for God. Learn more about this calling at the Send Conference, a gathering of local churches from across North America. Sponsored by the International Mission Board and the North American Mission Board, this conference will be held in Orlando, FL July 25 – 26. The conference is built on the passion to see a movement of people from within the church living out the mission of God both in America and around the world. We believe that taking part in God’s mission is for everyone. Reserve your spot now with a $50 deposit. REGISTER NOW.
- Adult International Mission Trips: We currently partner with several countries:
- Honduras: Mission trips include gospel activities and discipleship. Contact Pastor James to learn about upcoming trips.
- Panama: The College and Career group focuses trips on ministering to kids. Contact Pastor Justin to learn about upcoming trips.
- Malta: Salem hopes to encourage, strengthen, and assist the Malta team in their work on the islands. Contact Pastor James to learn more.
- Student International Mission Trips:
- High School: Junior and Senior classes take an international mission trip every 2 years. This life-changing experience provides a chance for students to see the world from a very different perspective. Past trips include Ecuador, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, and Costa Rica.
- College: College students travel internationally every 2 years serving on mission with God. Past trips have included ministering in Haiti and Thailand. Many of our college students spend their summers serving internationally as well as locally with organizations like Cru.
Global Missionary Support
Annie Armstrong Easter Offering: Each year, we honor the life and work of Annie Walker Armstrong (1850–1938) when we give to the annual offering for North American missions named after her. One hundred percent of gifts given directly support missionaries and their ministries. Look for information on our church offering goal each spring.
Lottie Moon Christmas Offering: 100% of our support of the LMCO supports missionaries who share Jesus with millions worldwide, help start thousands of churches, work to rescue slaves, feed orphans, and care for the needy. Look for information on our church offering goal around Thanksgiving each year.
Student Missionary Support
Salem offers some financial support to high school and college students going on mission trips. This support is limited to current Salem members and regular attendees (some exceptions are made for college students who are away at school and regularly attending a church near their school). To request support, please read the guidelines and fill out the financial request form.