And they shall be mine, saith the
LORD of hosts, in that day when
I make up my jewels, and I will
spare them, as a man spareth
his own son that serveth him.
Our growing Special Needs Ministry is also known as the "Precious Jewels". The primary aim of this ministry is to support children with special needs and their families and allow the children the opportunity to learn about Jesus Christ in a safe and loving environment where their individual needs can also be met. Programs for our Precious Jewels include:
- Special Needs Bible Fellowship Group: meets Sunday mornings at 9:45 am. Bible Fellowship Group Information Form (PDF). Precious Jewels also have care provided at 11:00 am on Sundays during the worship service.
- Jewel Tones: meets at 4:00 pm on Sunday evenings. Jewel Tones is a music program designed to get special needs children engaged in musical activities using chimes, handbells, and a variety of other instruments. Learn more about our music ministry.
- Soccer: Salem's Sports Ministry includes a U-Can-Play soccer division for special needs children through age 12. Learn more.
- Periodic Fellowships for children and their families:
- Annual Christmas party
- Spring Fling day trip
- Vacation Bible School in June
- Summer pool party fellowship
- Fall Hay Ride event
- Parents' night out
- Special Needs Awareness Sunday
Want to help make birthdays special?
The Precious Jewels would love to have a collection of gift cards that the children can choose from for a fun birthday treat. Gift cards to the following places would be much appreciated:
- Sweet Spoons
- Cold Stone Creamery
- GiGi's Cupcakes
- Dairy Queen
- Burger King