Our growing Special Needs Ministry is also known as the Precious Jewels. The primary aim of this ministry is to support children with special needs and their families and allow the children the opportunity to learn about Jesus Christ in a safe and loving environment where their individual needs can also be met.
A Special Place for Special Needs
Please Note: The information below details our normal service schedule. During the COVID-19 shutdown, we have temporarily moved to online services streamed via our Facebook page.
More details available here.
A Commitment to Safety
To ensure the safety of all kids who attend Salem, we require all adults serving our kids to complete our Abuse Policy Questionnaire and pass a background check.
- Special Needs Bible Fellowship Group: meets Sunday mornings at 9:40 AM. Precious Jewels also have care provided at 11:00 AM on Sundays during the worship service.
- Jewel Tones: meets at 4:00 PM on Sunday evenings. Jewel Tones is a music program designed to get special needs children engaged in musical activities using chimes, handbells, and a variety of other instruments. Learn more about our music ministry.
- Periodic Fellowships for children and their families:
- Annual Christmas party
- Spring Fling day trip
- Vacation Bible School in June
- Summer pool party fellowship
- Fall Hay Ride event
- Talent Show
- Parents' night out
- Special Needs Awareness Sunday
Want to help make birthdays special?
The Precious Jewels would love to have a collection of gift cards that the children can choose from for a fun birthday treat. Gift cards to the following places would be much appreciated:
- Sweet Spoons
- Cold Stone Creamery
- GiGi's Cupcakes
- Dairy Queen
- Burger King
I Still Have More Questions!
If you any questions not answered on this page, we would love to connect with you! Fill out the contact form below and one of our staff members will be in touch with you as soon as possible.