Salem Children's Soccer League runs in both spring and fall and is made up of co-ed teams for children ages 3–11 years old (age as of July 31, 2017 for the Fall 2017 season). All games are played on the soccer fields at Salem Baptist Church. The teams are grouped into 6 divisions: U4, U6, U8, U10, U12, and U-Can-Play (for players with special needs). Team assignments for U8, U10, and U12 will be decided by the results of registration and evaluation day outcomes to make teams of similar ages and skill levels. Every practice/game begins with prayer and each practice will include a devotion. REGISTER NOW. The U6 division is currently full and a wait list has been started. We are looking into options for creating additional slots and after registration closes on July 28 we can finalize those options. Starting this season, if a parent volunteers to coach, we will guarantee a slot for their child. If you would like your child to be added to the wait list, or if you are willing to help coach, please contact Chris for more information.
- U4 (age 3). Practices/games are Saturday mornings: 45 minute practices with games possible towards end of season (times TBA when teams are formed in August). A parent/guardian for each child will need to attend each practice. Cost: $35.
- U6 (ages 4–5). Practices/games are Saturday mornings: 30 minute practice, 25 minute game (times TBA when teams are formed in August). Cost: $45.
- U8 (ages 6–7). Practices are Tuesday nights: 6:00–7:00 pm, games are Saturday mornings with possible Tuesday evening games (times TBA when teams are formed in August). Cost: $60.
- U10 (ages 8–9). Practices are Thursday nights: 5:30-6:30 pm, games are Saturday mornings with possible Thursday evening games (times TBA when teams are formed in August). Cost: $60.
- U12 (ages 10–11). Practices are Thursday nights: 6:30-7:30 pm, games are Saturday mornings/early afternoons with possible Thursday evening games times TBA when teams are formed in August). Cost: $60.
- U-Can-Play (special needs children through age 12): Practices/games are Monday nights from 6:00-7:00 pm. Registration includes additional equipment for players using wheelchairs. Cost: $35.
Friday Night U11 Supplemental Practice Sessions
Friday night U11 supplemental practice sessions are designed to focus on individual player skill development. Players will be challenged with fast paced drills designed to improve footwork and develop stronger individual passing, dribbling, and shooting skills. Players will learn from Salem coaches as well as higher level coaches in the area. There will be 8 sessions held on Friday evenings from 6:00 – 7:00 pm on the soccer fields at Salem. Sessions will be held on Friday nights prior to scheduled Saturday games (if there is no scheduled game for a particular week, there will be no Friday night session). This opportunity is open to (1) any player registered to play in the U10 or U12 division during the fall 2017 season, or (2) any child of a member/regular attendee of Salem Baptist Church who is 8, 9, 10, or 11 years old. Cost: $15 for 8 sessions.
Registration for each division closes July 28 or when full. Please contact Chris with any questions.
Fall 2017 League Dates
- Registration opens – June 1, 2017 REGISTER NOW.
- Registration closes – July 28, 2017
- U8/U10/U12 Evaluation Day – August 5, 2017
- U8/U10/U12 First Practice – Week of August 21, 2017
- First Game for All Divisions – Week of September 5, 2017
- Last Game for All Divisions – Week of October 23, 2017
Salem Children's Basketball League
Salem Children's Basketball League runs in the winter and is made up of co-ed teams for children in 1st – 6th grade. All practices and games are played in the gym (multi-purpose room) at Salem Baptist Church. The teams will be grouped into divisions based on similar age groups. Teams and divisions will be composed based on registration results. Cost for the league is $65 and includes a jersey, t-shirt, and shorts.
The season begins in early November and ends in late January with a break for the Christmas holidays. All teams practice on Tuesdays, time TBD based on registration / divisions. Games are played on Saturday mornings; detailed schedules will be sent to families once registration concludes and specific practice and game times are determined. Registration information for 2017 – 2018 season to come.
Winter 2017 League Dates
- TBA: Registration Opens
- TBA: Registration Closes
- TBA: First Practice
- TBA: First Game
- November TBA: Thanksgiving Break
- December TBA: Christmas Break
- TBA: Final Game
If you have questions, please contact Aaron. The 2017 – 2018 schedule will be available for download before the season begins.
Back to Top